When PC stop working or take time in loading. It symbolizes that there is some problem in your storage. Only way to solve that problem is to format Windows 7 C drive. Formatting remove all data stored in selected drive. But it improve the processing of your computer.
Why format C Drive
C drive is the most important drive for PC. Because all the softwares installed on PC are stored under C drive. And Windows is also installed in C drive only. So when we format C drive we loose all the data saved in C drive.
We can save the data in other drives. We can also create a backup which help us in restoring the data after formatting. Try to install all your software under C drive only. Because we can format it by installing Windows 7 or Windows which suit our computer.
Read more : How to unlock Password Protected RAR file
Format Windows 7 C drive
Create a Backup first
When we format Windows 7 C drive. It remove all the content which is under C drive. It also affect others drive software. All files under C drive are removed during formatting.
You can create a backup. Which will help us in restoring data. After formatting windows 7 C drive. You can also save your important data to any external storage device.
Insert Windows 7 CD, USb or device you used for installation of Windows
After you insert Windows 7 CD. You will see that it appear on your PC. Now click on Restart. After your computer restart. You will see option ‘Check compatibility and Install now’. Now click on Install now.
Format Windows 7 C drive or Install windows 7
- Your computer will ask you to press any key to start installation. Now press any key from your keyboard.
- Select the language which suits you and click on next to proceed installation.
- Now click on I accept.
- Choose custom installation.
- NOw select the drive where you want to install windows. Remember drive you choose to install will format the drive too. So choose wisely. I would recommend you to format windows 7 C drive.
- If you want to create any partition of C drive you can do. Partition will help you in increasing or decreasing C drive space.
- Now click on install.
- First it will remove all the content installed on drive then install.
- Wait for few minutes and your installation is completed.
Restore back your data
You can now restore back your data. And all your data will be back on your computer. Data deleted during format will be back with the help of restore. If you have saved files on CD or any other storage device. Then you can upload them back to your computer.
It is the best way to format windows 7 c drive. As it remove all data and virus files too. Installing windows 7 help your pc in deleting all unwanted softwares. After you format windows 7 c drive. You will observe loads of changes while using your computer. All your files will be loading faster. And many more experiences you will get. In simple words i can say, you will feel like you bought a new computer.