Hello friends, Today I will tell you a method to download and install IDM extension in Chrome or Firefox. I have also share IDM chrome extension crx download. You can download these extensions and use Internet Download Manager in your PC/Laptops browser. I have share method to use IDM extension in almost every browser.
- 1 How to Download and Install IDM Extension in Chrome, Firefox [ Download CRX]
- 1.1 Download and install Internet Download Manager (IDM) on your PC/Laptops to add Browser Extension
- 1.2 IDM Chrome Extension crx Download
- 1.3 Download and Install IDM Extension for Firefox
- 1.4 IDM Extension not working
How to Download and Install IDM Extension in Chrome, Firefox [ Download CRX]
Internet Download Manager (IDM) is one of the best download managers as well as a most recommended download manager for Windows PC’s. It allows you to download large files very fast compared to any other download manager. While downloading, you can pause the files and resume without any interruptions.
Download and install Internet Download Manager (IDM) on your PC/Laptops to add Browser Extension
Downloading IDM is as simple as downloading a normal software. Just follow elementary steps given below to download and install IDM software.
- Download latest IDM from its official website (it’s free), or DOWNLOAD IDM.
- Run the IDM exe file which you have downloaded.
- Follow installation instructions after running the downloaded exe file.
- You have successfully installed Internet Download Manager (IDM), run the IDM application from the start menu.
Click here if you are getting any problems while installing the IDM.
IDM Chrome Extension crx Download
The file used to install the extension in Chrome or Firefox browser is IDMGCExt.crx. Without this file, you won’t be able to add IDM extension in your browser. IDM extension helps you to easily download files directly to your desired location by just clicking on download button but if the extension is not installed, we need to copy the download link and paste it in IDM software and start downloading. In short, without IDM extension, it takes a lot of time to download files.
Mostly, after we install IDM, it automatically adds an extension in the default browser of your PC. If you can’t find IDM download button while downloading files, follow these steps given below:
- Go to the directory folder where you have installed IDM. If you haven’t manually selected the folder while installing software, click here or go to this location on your PC- C:\Program Files (x86)\Internet Download Manager.
- In this folder, you will find IDMGCExt.crx. If you didn’t found IDMGCExt.crx file in this folder, download it from IDMGCEXT.crx Download .
- Open Chrome and go to extensions manager or copy this and paste it in URL- chrome://extensions
In Firefox, go to extensions tab from add-ons manager or copy this and paste it in URL of Firefox browser- about:addons
- Now drag-n-drop IDMGCExt.crx file into the extensions window. After you drop it, the browser will automatically install the extension
Download and Install IDM Extension for Firefox
If Firefox isn’t installing the extension file (IDMGCExt.crx), drag-n-drop idmzzcc.xpi onto the Firefox URL to install it. Download and save it (idmzzcc.xpi) from Download IDM Extension for Firefox.
- Don’t forget to Check “Enable” and “Allow in Incognito” checkboxes.
Now, IDM extension is successfully added to your browser and you can download large files from internet fearlessly. I assure you that the files will be downloaded faster than it used to.
IDM Extension not working
Sometimes, due to change in an update of IDM, extension stops working. If you are using an older version of IDM and extension is not working, update it and follow the steps:
- Update to latest version of Internet Download Manager.
- Open the browser (chrome) and uninstall the older version of IDM extension from your PC.
- After an older version of the extension is uninstalled and the latest version of IDM is installed, follow the steps given above, to add latest IDM extension.
- That’s it, following these simple steps will surely fix the issue. If you are still facing difficulty while using IDM extension, you can comment down here to get the correct solution of your problem.
Last Words on How to Download and Install IDM Extension in Chrome, Firefox [Download CRX]
These are the best way to download IDM extension in your computer browser. You can download and install IDM extension in Chrome, Firefox, and other browsers. Users can even install important CRX extension for IDM Chrome. This method is tested and working in PC/Laptops browser. If you face any problem regarding this trick. Then, do make a comment below and don’t forget to share this article with your friends.