You must be facing this problem when your contacts appear two times or several times in contact list. In this article, I will guide you to delete duplicate contacts on your Android phone. You can also merge the contacts.
Read more: How to Install Android 6.0 Marshmallow on your mobile phone
Remove Duplicate Contacts from your Android phone – Merge or Delete
- Download the Simpler Merge Duplicates from Google play store. [Link]
- Now, open the app and log-in or sign-up. You can use Facebook or Gmail to sign-up.
- Now, it will automatically synchronizes your contact list and show you duplicate contacts.
- Now, just tap on the duplicate contacts.
- Now, you will see the name of duplicate contacts with a number.
- The number represents the contacts repetition in your phone book.
- Now, just open the contact and tap on the merge.
Congratulation! You have quickly removed Duplicate Contacts from your Android phone book.
How Duplicate Contacts are created on Android
This problem occurs while saving contacts on our Smartphone. As several people have two or number. So, while keeping their number, we create a new connection. Which creates a duplicate connection and creates a problem for us. It is confusing while calling someone as it shows several duplicate contacts at that time.
To solve this problem, I would recommend you to add a number while going to
contacts >> edit >> add the name. Don’t create a new connection for the same person with a different number.
Share this article and help your friends in merging their duplicate contacts on their mobile phone. If you have any tech query then, email- [email protected] We will reply you within 24 hours.
Trending: Latest ANDROID SECRET CODES