Hello friends, Today I will tell you a method on how to free up disk space on Mac. You can wipe all your data from Mac. Users can delete all unwanted files and folders from their Mac using this method. You can delete movies, songs and all other storage from your Mac. I have shared three different ways to free up disk space on Mac. You don’t need to install any software. You can free up space on your Mac.
How to Free Up Disk Space on Mac 2019 – Top 3 Methods
We kept on storing the data in our Macbook and forgot the worry about the disk space of our Macbook. However, it is priority and necessity that we regularly clean up the disk of our Macbook. But, we don’t care about it, and we stop thinking about it. So, it happens that our disk space gets full after a long time. And then we have no choice to free up disk space on Macbook. In this section, I have shared some best way to learn how to free up disk space on Mac. Once you learn how to free up disk space on Mac after that, you will be able to clean up your disk space from your Macbook very easily. Without wasting your precious time let’s head up to the methods and know how to free up disk space on Mac. Users can easily setup VPN on Mac.
How to Clear Disk Space on Mac
Clearing disk space is a great move which you have taken to clear some unwanted or unnecessary space from the hard disk of your Macbook. To clear disk space on Mac, there is an inbuilt application already installed on your Mac that allows you to clear disk space on Mac smoothly. What you have to do is that use that inbuilt application to clear disk space on Mac. Removing unwanted space form the MacBook’s hard disk makes some space free to reuse it and then we can access that memory to store our precious data. To clear disk space on Mac, click on This Mac from Apple’s menu and select storage. At that available page, you have to select a category of files, including apps, documents, photos, or more to clear disk space on Mac.
Method 1 – Using Official Way
This is the official way to learn how to free up disk space on Mac and to do it. In this method, we will be using About This Mac option to open the Storage functionality, and from there you will check out that how to free up disk space on Mac. So, to check out that how you have to do this, head up to the below step by step guide. You can also delete large files on Mac.
- Choose the About This Mac from Apple Menu.
- Now, click on Storage.
- Then, you will see an overview of the storage.
- Click on the Manage button.
- Now, under Recommendations option, you will see fewer options.
- Follow and complete all the options to free up disk space on Mac.
Method 2 – Using Manual CleanUp
This the list of manual clean up which you can do to free up disk space on Mac. It is another way to learn how to free up disk space on Mac. The list which I have shared with you guys can differ. But, many Macbook users do the same thing when they want to free up disk space on Mac. So, make sure you follow all the listed things using the below list.
- Search for the duplicate files and remove them.
- Empty the Trashcan.
- Uninstall that program that you don’t need any longer.
- Permanently delete the vast files such as backup files, database files, etc.
- Delete the temporary files or folders.
- Remove all the language files except English language file.
- Clear the big thumbnails from Mac Mail.
- Clean up the download folder.
- Delete the attachments from the emails.
- Use the About This Mac option to clear out more files.
Method 3 – Using CleanMyMac
CleanMyMac is the famous software for MacBook which helps many peoples to clean their Mac. However, its name defines that is developed for the cleaning purpose that is why it does its job very well. In this method, we will be using CleanMyMac software on our Macbook to know how to free up disk space on Mac. So, let’s have a look on the method and check how CleanMyMac can be useful for us to free up disk space on Mac. Have you ever thought What is other on Mac Storage? And how to delete it?
- Get the CleanMyMac software from their official website.
- Now, install it as you install every software.
- Then, open CleanMyMac on your Macbook.
- After that, from the left sidebar choose what you want to do with CleanMyMac.
- If you want a quick cleanup, then click on smart cleanup and then hit the Clean button.
- Similarly, you can do anything else to free up disk space on Mac.
Last Words on How to Free Up Disk Space on Mac – Top 3 Methods
These are the three great methods to learn how to free up disk space on Mac. However, you can use any other way too if you want. But, these are the best methods which I have shared with you guys. Where one is the official, another is the famous software, and the last one is the manual cleanup. There is one more way to do so which I would like to share with you as a bonus is that you can format your Macbook if you want to. Formatting will clear all the data as well as free up disk space on Mac along with the hidden viruses. I hope you have now learned how to free up disk space on Mac. Make sure that you share this fantastic article with your friends also. And tell them to learn how to free up disk space on Mac.
Get more stuff like this
Subscribe to our mailing list and get interesting stuff and updates to your email inbox.
Thank you for subscribing.
Something went wrong. Try Again!