- 1 How to Disable Siri on iPhone or iPad with iOS 11 or later
- 2 How to Disable Siri on iPhone or iPad with iOS 10 or earlier versions
- 3 How to Disable Siri on MacOS
- 4 How to Turn off Siri Suggestions Widget
- 5 Alternatives to Disable Siri on iPhone or iPad
- 6 1. Turn Siri off on your Lock Screen.
- 7 2. Turn Off “Hey Siri”
- 8 3. Turn off Location Services for suggestions
Hello friends, Today I will share a method on how to disable Siri on iPhone or iPad. Users can even stop Siri on their MacOS. I have shared different method for iOS 10 or earlier versions and iOS 11 or later. You can completely block Siri from your Smartphone.
“Hey Siri, read my last message.”
“Hey Siri, call Mom.”
“Siri, How’s the weather today?”
Siri is an intelligent, virtual assistant offered by Apple Inc. to give voice commands in order to operate the iOS, iPadOS, WatchOS, MacOS, and its apps.
Read more: How to Connect AirPods to Android
How to Disable Siri on iPhone or iPad with iOS 11 or later
The latest updates in iOS have widened the third-party API in Siri that includes note-taking apps, task management apps, QR codes, and even online banking. There’s more to Siri in iOS 11 than a few more apps or a speaker. The new, more realistic voices for Siri come with extra intelligence too.
But as stated above, sometimes Siri is annoying too. So, you can follow the easy steps stated below to disable Siri on iPhone or your other devices with iOS 11 or later.
- Go to “Settings”.
- Select “Siri & Search.”
- Toggle Off all the three options.
- A pop-up will be displayed. Tap on “Turn Off Siri”.
Note: The pop-up menu to disable Siri on iPhone or other devices only be shown; if All the three options are toggled off.
Read more: How to Fix iPhone Stuck in Headphone Mode
How to Disable Siri on iPhone or iPad with iOS 10 or earlier versions
Siri in iOS 10 had new powers as compared to the past versions. Instead of being limited to Apple’s own apps, Siri was available to third-party app developers too, which meant that you could perform other tasks such as booking a taxi or sending a voice message too could be done using Siri of iOS 10.
The process to disable Siri on iPhone or iPad with iOS 10 is a bit different. It is comparatively easier and direct to disable Siri than in the latest updates.
- Tap on “Settings”.
- Go To “General” and then “Siri”.
- Tap “Turn Off Siri” when asked to confirm your choice.
How to Disable Siri on MacOS
Just like other iOS devices, macOS too facilitate its users to use Siri for performing multiple tasks. Siri is available in devices with macOS Sierra or with later updates. You can even disable Siri on your MacOS quite easily by following the steps given below:
- Select the “Apple” menu and then “System Preferences”.
- Click on “Siri”.
- Clear the “Enable Ask Siri” checkbox.
This will turn off Siri and will also remove its icon from the Apple Menu bar.
Read more: How to Take a Screenshot on a Mac
How to Turn off Siri Suggestions Widget
- Swipe left to right from the homepage, over your Today View.
- Scroll down to the bottom and Tap Edit.
- Hit on the – sign.
- Select Remove on the right.
Read more: How to Put Mac on Do Not Disturb
Alternatives to Disable Siri on iPhone or iPad
There might be specific reasons when you don’t want to disable Siri completely. So here are some alternatives for you that might be useful when you’re thinking to disable Siri on iPhone or other devices of yours.
1. Turn Siri off on your Lock Screen.
You can turn off Siri on your lock screen using two ways:
- Go to Settings.
- Now select Siri and Search.
- Turn Toggle Off for Allow Siri When Locked.
- Tap on Settings.
- Now select the Face ID.
- Make sure you Toggle Siri Off.
2. Turn Off “Hey Siri”
If you don’t like the “Hey, Siri” command, you can easily disable that setting too. Go to Settings > Siri & Search and toggle off Listen for Hey Siri.
3. Turn off Location Services for suggestions
Go to Settings > Privacy > Location Services.
Read more: How to Change Activity Goal in Apple Watch
Many people like the functionality of Siri but many find it annoying too. This article helped you with the knowledge to disable Siri on iPhone or iPad or your macOS. Also, you got to know about certain alternatives that might help you in place of completely turning off Siri. You can even reactivate it, in the case you start missing Siri.