YouTube is an immensely popular social media platform. It is known to be the second most visited site after Google, with nearly 1300,000,000 numbers of users using it every single day. It is an interesting source of exploring, learning, and sharing. It has emerged as a trending profession for so many people that approximately 300 hours of video are uploaded every minute. Its versatility is exceptional in terms of the opportunities it creates. But what if it stops working one day or got stuck in working.
Why is YouTube not working?
Though it is reaching higher parameters of being a successful website, some problems still need to be addressed by YouTube. So whenever you encounter any issues similar to a black screen, or endless buffering, or playback errors, you need to analyze whether it is with the site’s back-end server or with your device.
If the problem lies in the YouTube server, the following can be the reasons that may have caused inaccuracy in the functioning of it:
- Sometimes, due to high traffic or network congestion, websites may fail to work,
- Clogged data or outdated cookies may disrupt the website’s working.
- Outmoded video drivers may need an update in its version.
- Extensions may sometimes obstruct access to YouTube.
- Check the system’s date and time are correct or not.
How to Fix YouTube not working on PC, Android or iPhone
I will be sharing several ways by which you can fix YouTube not working on your Internet browser, Android or iPhone. Follow these easy troubleshooting steps to fix errors related to YouTube.
Why is YouTube not working on my iPhone or Android and How to Fix
Sometimes you may have experienced that YouTube is working for everybody in your home but not for you, or if you want to show your friend or your sibling a video, but it is not coming up. Isn’t it frustrating? I am sure it is relatable.
To troubleshoot your iPhone’s trouble, here the practices you can follow for a fix:
- Firstly, prefer to turn off and back on your Wi-Fi, to troubleshoot any network related issue.
- If the problem persists, check if your YouTube is updated to its latest version or not. If you find it outdated, then updating might solve your problem.
- If the updated app didn’t work, then go for rebooting (or restart) your device as it will refresh the device by clearing all the previously executed tasks and making the app ready for new use.
- Suppose the issue is still unaffected. Then go for uninstalling and then re-installing the YouTube.
Read more: How to Queue Videos on YouTube
Above mentioned practices are sure shot solutions if YouTube access is a problem on your iPhone.
Why is YouTube not working on my computer and How to Fix
Some tasks require a PC for its completion. Now, what if your PC faces some problems in terms of connecting with a site from where it has to retrieve information (considering YouTube).
How to Fix YouTube Not Working
Here are the ways to resolve the issues:
- Internet connection is a prominent need for an uninterrupted and successful YouTube streaming of videos. But the disrupted network, low speed can be problematic factors in accessing the data we need.
It can be corrected by closing the applications that are not required to improve a bit for accessing the YouTube videos (which requires a min speed of 500+ Kbps).
- The web browser is a software application for viewing and accessing the websites. But sometimes, there can be its outdated version, and squabbled extensions can cause trouble.
It can be checked whether using an alternative browser can rectify the inappropriate or delayed results. If yes, then there might be a need for an update in the default browser. If no, then there might be a problem somewhere else.
- Sometimes the system you are using is infected by some virus. The virus will not let any of the operations work and will disrupt the smooth functioning by interfering.
It can be resolved by installing an antivirus or a firewall to deny such malicious software’s entry into the system.
There are no other way to fix YouTube, not working. Remember, if sometimes YouTube goes down or a video you want to see has been deleted, there is no way to fix it. You can check these troubleshooting tips to fix several types of common errors. You can use these on your browser or Smartphone apps.