With over 200 million users, Telegram is a fairly popular messenger application that is used to communicate over the internet using text, and other forms of media. Telegram allows many customization features to its users so that the users are able to add a personal flair to their accounts. From different profile colors to customizable background, Telegram provides a great deal of customization to its users.
At the same time Telegram allows their users to upload or hide their profile picture on the application. Telegram provides this facility or ability to improve privacy, security and customization. In this tutorial, we would look into the methods that are used to hide your profile picture on Telegram. Further, we would discuss the steps that are required to hide your profile picture on Telegram.
How to Hide Your Profile Picture on Telegram? From Everyone or a Specific Person
Telegram provides many privacy features that are helpful to the users. In this umbrella, it provides they user with the control of who can or who cannot see their profile picture. Moreover, they can select the people, group from whom they want to hide their profile picture.
Read more: How to Delete Telegram Account
How to Hide Your Profile Picture on Telegram using iPhone
This section includes the steps that are required to hide your profile picture in Telegram. Follow the steps given below to do so.
- Open the Telegram Application and login into your account.
- Go to the “Settings” option by tapping on it.
- Navigate to the option of “Privacy and Security” and then tap on it.
- Select the option of “Profile Picture“.
The default setting allows everyone to view your profile photo.
- Now, you are given the option of hiding your profile picture. “My Contacts” – Use this option if you want to show your profile picture to only people in your contacts.
- “Never Share with” – Use this option to select the people or pinpoint the people from whom you want to hide your profile picture from. This will make sure that only the people that you have not put in this list are able to see your profile picture.
Note: To add, tap on the option. Now, tap on the option of “Add Users or Group” and then search for the person. Finally, tap on “Done” to save the setting.
- “Always Share with” – Use this option to select the people who will always be able to see your profile picture. Note: Tap on the option of “Always Share With” and then tap on the option of “Add Users or Groups“. Now search for the person and then tap “Done” to save your settings.
The steps above give you the freedom to customize the setting and select the people to hide your Profile Picture on Telegram. Follow the steps and then you would be able to use the settings and successfully hide your profile picture on Telegram.
Read more: How to use Telegram without mobile number
How to Hide your Profile Picture on Telegram using Android
This section will discuss how you can hide your profile picture on Telegram on the Android application. The section is a bit different from the previous one for iPhone so follow the steps properly.
- Open your Telegram application and then log into your account.
- Tap on the menu option(three line icon) present at the top left corner of the screen.
- Navigate and tap on the “Settings” option from the popped up menu.
- Next, navigate to the “Privacy and Security” setting and then tap on it.
- Tap on the option of “Profile Photos“.
- Now, Telegram gives you the following option.
- Everybody – Select this option if you want everyone to see your profile photo, which makes it redundant in this article.
- My Contacts – Use this option to hide your profile photo from the people who are not in your contact list.
- Always Allow – This is a granular option that Telegram provides. This option allows only the selected users to see your profile photo and no one else would be able to see your profile photo then. Add users by tapping on the option of “Add Users“. Now, search for the users and then add them to this list by selecting them and clicking on the “Tick” button.
- Never Allow – This is also a granular option that Telegram provides. This option denies anyone from the list to view your Profile Picture. To add users to this option, first tap on the “Add Users” option and then search for the person you want to add to this list. Now, tap on the “Tick/Check” button to add them to this list.
- Finally, after you have made the changes, you can tap on the “Check” option on the top right of the screen to save the changes that you have made.
These are the steps that you can use to hide your Profile Picture on Telegram on the Android Application. Telegram provides you with customizable options that you can use to hide your profile picture better on the application.
Read more: How to Block Someone on Signal App
This article covers how you can hide your Profile Picture on Telegram on either your Android phone or your iPhone. Moreover, this article guides you through the process by giving you the necessary steps that are required to setup this setting. Finally, it also tell you the different options that are given by the Telegram application to the users to customize their experience.