Signal private messenger is one of the best application that is focused on the security aspect of a messenger application. Moreover, it is considered one of the best and secure application for communicating and sending media.
Read more: How to Block People on Google Hangouts
The application provides different basic messenger application such as texting, voice notes, images and videos. And just like any other application, you are given the choice to block someone on signal application and also to unblock someone. In this tutorial, we would look over the methods to block someone on Signal App and take a look at the steps to block someone on Signal App.
How to Block Someone on Signal App
Signal provides you the setting to block someone on the application and the process to do so is really simple.
- Open the Signal application on your device.
- Once you have opened the application, navigate to the conversation of the person that you want to block.
- Tap on the conversation to open it.
- Now, tap on the name of the person at the top of the chat box. You will have the action center of the user.
- Now, scroll down till you find the “Block” option.
- Tap on it and then you would be prompted a pop-up.
- Now, tap on the option of “OK” in order to block someone on Signal App.
Note: Blocking someone on the application will make sure that you are no longer able to contact that person, moreover, the person blocked will not be able to contact you on the application and either send text or other form of media.
Read more: How to Block someone on Instagram
Once you have followed all the steps that are given in the above section, you would be able to successfully block someone on Signal App. In the further section you would learn the method to block someone on Signal application’s group or the group itself.
How to Block a Group on Signal App
In the previous section, we looked upon how to block someone on Signal App. In this section, you will learn the method that you can use to block a group that you are added in. Follow the steps now to block a group on Signal Application.
- Open the Signal application and then navigate to the group conversation that you want to block.
- Tap on the group and then tap on the chat top or the chat header to open the menu.
- Now, scroll down and navigate the option of “Block this group“.
- Tap on the option “Block this group” to block the group.
- Tap “OK” on the prompted pop-up that comes up.
Follow these steps in order to successfully and easily block some group on Signal Application. This section covered how you can easily and efficiently block some group on Signal Application.
Read more: How to Block WhatsApp Group From Adding Me
What happens after you block someone on Signal App
Blocking someone on Signal Application prevents the access of the person or the group to you. Blocking cuts of the communication route between you and the blocked user. Therefore, the person would not be able to contact you in any way possible on the application.
Moreover, the person you have blocked will not be able to see your name or profile photo anymore. The contact will be removed from the application contact list and if you share a group where you both are present, then any message or piece of media that the blocked person sends will not be visible to you and vice versa.
If you have blocked a group then you would not be receiving any conversation from the group itself. You would be prompted that you have left the group and would not able to join the group, that is, you cannot be added again in the group.
Read more: How to Block Emails on Gmail
The common ground on blocking is the fact that the person or group blocked would not receive any notification telling them that they have been blocked, they would simply be not able to locate your profile.
This tutorial educated you about how you can block someone on Signal App and moreover, how you can block a group on the Signal Application. In the end, the article also discuss the consequences or actions that happen when you block someone on the application.