I will tell you best method to pair your Apple watch with a new iPhone. You can easily pair your Apple watch to iPhone without losing any data. Users can unpair or pair their Apple Watch by following these easy steps. You can pair Apple smartwatch with your iPhone using backup or without backup. I have shared two methods and both are working. You can try any method to pair your Apple watch depending upon your sitability.
The happiest moment when you buy a new iPhone and you also have an old Apple SmartWatch. Now, you are thinking to connect both Apple devices with each other to make ease of access. Well, Apple Watch backs up iPhone data on iCloud to make it easy to use. You can pair your Apple watch with a new iPhone.
- Pair your Apple Watch with a New iPhone using Backup
- Pair your Apple Watch with a New iPhone without Backup
Remember – If you are going to switch from an old iPhone to a new iPhone, then you have to get that data off and if you don’t want to set up that data as new and you can do this with below steps-
How to Pair your Apple Watch with a New iPhone with Backup
- Open Apple Watch App on your old iPhone.
- Tap on ‘My Watch’ > ‘Apple Watch.’
- Tap on ‘Unpair Apple Watch’ to remove Apple Watch pairing from your existing/old iPhone.
- It will create a backup of your old iPhone data, and your Apple watch will be reset to factory setting.
- After removal,
- Select the language and tap on it.
- Make a Backup of your old iPhone.
- Setup a new iPhone and restore your old data from iCloud or iTunes.
- Open the Apple watch and start pairing with your new iPhone.
- Wait for the new iPhone to get paired.
- Tap on Restore from Backup.
- Select the most recent backup to restore data.
- Tap on Agree.
- Sign into your Apple ID
- Tap on ‘OK.’
- Create a passcode on Apple Watch.
- Choose a lock preference for your iPhone.
Note: It depends on you whether you want any lock on your Apple Smartwatch or not.
- Now, ‘Set up’ Apple Pay.
- Now, wait till your Apple Watch synchronizes appropriately. It can take a lot of time depending on the data.
Congratulations! You have successfully paired your Apple Watch with a new iPhone with Backup.
How to Pair your Apple Watch with a New iPhone without Backup
- Factory Reset your Apple watch, Settings > General > Reset > Erase All Content
- Select the language.
- Open the Apple Watch app on the new iPhone.
Now, tap on pairing to start the process and start pairing process.
- Once successfully paired, tap on Setup as New Apple Watch.
- Now, select the wrist on which you are going to wear Apple Watch. You can choose any Wrist for wearing Apple Watch.
- Tap on ‘Agree’ under iTunes Agreement.
- Now, Log in to your Apple ID.
- Tap on OK after reading the information on Location Services, Siri, and Diagnostics.
- You can choose a passcode for your Apple Watch.
- Select ‘Lock/Unlock’ on your Apple Watch.
- It will start downloading automatically.
- Select your preferences for installing updates for the app.
- Now, It will start sync for few seconds (there is no backup data to sync).