- 1 How Long does it take Google Drive to Process a Video on Windows, Mac, Android or iPhone
- 2 How Long does it take Google Drive to Process a Video on Windows or Mac
- 3 How Long does it take Google Drive to Process a Video on Android and iPhone
- 4 Fix We’re processing this video. please check back later
- 5 Fix video is still Processing & Can be Downloaded Later
Complete guide on how long does it take Google Drive to process a video on Windows, Mac, Android or iPhone. I will share the exact time Google Drive take to process a video. You can even faster the process of process video.
Want to store your data in Google Drive and also worried about its processing time? Here, I’ll take you to the cause of such high processing time, the processing errors you face while storing it, and the best ways to deal with them.
Google Drive has often been the first choice among users to store their data, such as documents, videos, images, music, etc. Users tend to reserve their videos on Google Drive as it allows you to expand the storage space in your devices, whether a computer or mobile phone, by saving the videos. Secondly, having the videos stored in Google Drive allows you to access that particular videos across multiple devices.
Read more: How to Add Page Numbers in Google Docs
However, the processing time of Google Drive to store the data has always been a matter of concern for the users, especially in this fast-moving world. Now, let us highlight the areas which cause high processing time for your videos in Google Drive.
How Long does it take Google Drive to Process a Video on Windows, Mac, Android or iPhone
Talking about the processing time of Google Drive to process a video, there is no such straightforward answer to it. We have come across many cases, say the video file size is 2GB, having the processing time 1 hour and additional 20 minutes to ensure appropriate video resolution when played. This processing time can fluctuate depending on different aspects like internet speed, the device you’re using, etc.
Read more: How to Compare Documents in Google Docs
Sometimes, the time taken by Google Drive to process a video of a file size 50MB has gone for extra few hours than it was supposed to be before uploading on Google Drive. That could happen if your device is slow, or internet connectivity seems troublesome for you, etc. Moreover, for Google drive to process a video of a file size of less than 10MB, it won’t take more than few minutes if everything goes right for you.
In a nutshell, the processing time taken by Google Drive to process a video depends entirely upon several factors. The causes for a long time for Google drive to process a video and the methods to reduce the processing time, no matter on which device you are using, are mentioned below:
- Internet Connectivity: The speed of Internet connection is the game-changer in the processing time of Google Drive. If the internet connectivity is not up to mark, you might have to wait a long time for Google Drive to process the video.
- Video resolution or size of your video: Ideally, it won’t take much time for Google Drive to process one or more videos having a small size with good internet connectivity. But, if you are interested in uploading multiple videos on Google Drive of larger size, you have to wait for a while for Google Drive to process the videos as Google has to verify each video and then upload all of them one by one. In short, you have to witness a high processing time.
- Update Google Drive: It is better to have an upgraded version of Google Drive. This will enhance your overall experience on Google Drive.
By now, you have an idea about what makes Google Drive takes a long time for processing a video. You are now keen to know what device compresses the high processing time of Google Drive and is beneficial to use.
How Long does it take Google Drive to Process a Video on Windows or Mac
You can prefer using Google Drive on a web browser but, it can sometimes prove to be troublesome for you due to the high processing time of Google Drive on it to process a video. It is because web browsers can slow down the processing time of Google Drive if the web browser gets overloaded with browsing data or cache or cookies. Ways to improve the processing time of google drive to process a video is:
Erase all your browsed data and cache/cookies: Make sure to erase all your browsing data and cache or cookies for the low processing time of Google Drive to process a video.
Read more: How Secure is Google Drive
How Long does it take Google Drive to Process a Video on Android and iPhone
You can have the best experience of Google Drive on Android or iPhone. Here, Google Drive is easy to use and offers additional features apart from Desktop and web browser Google Drive. Also, the processing time of Google Drive to process a video is much faster in Android and iPhone as compared to a web browser and Desktop.
However, one thing which could set a drawback in the processing time of Google Drive on Android and iPhone is their processor. The processor of your phone can reduce the processing time by Google drive to process a video. If your phone processor is not good enough, it might take time for Google Drive to upload the video.
Read more: How To Save Video to Google Drive on Windows
These methods can surely help you out to minimize the processing time of Google Drive to process a video, thus, maximizing the Google Drive performance. However, despite going through such methods, users sometimes encountered some errors while uploading the video on Google Drive. It delays the entire processing time of Google Drive to process the video, which is quite annoying. Let’s highlight these errors and get through the ways to overcome them.
Fix We’re processing this video. please check back later
This error may occur if Google Drive finds the video to have a high resolution, or if the internet connection breaks in between the process. Even if this error persists after going through all the above methods, you can either restart the device you are working on or log out from that current Google Account and try it later. Further steps to fix this issue are mentioned below:
- Get the processing video from Google Drive downloaded: You can download a video, being stuck, in the processing error, with the help of a shared link in Google Drive. Open Google drive > select the required video. Tap on Share > create a sharing link. In a new tab, open the sharing link. On the processing video, Click on the three dots icon. Click on the download all tab.
- Opt for offline mode to share the video: If you’re stuck in the error showing the video, you can opt for the offline gateway to share the video. It can be executed either by using a USB cable, Bluetooth (for videos having a small file size), apps that offer the offline transfer of videos, etc.
Fix video is still Processing & Can be Downloaded Later
This error generally occurs when the video file size is too large to process and gets stuck while processing the video. This could be resolved by adding the video to an album and then download it to the album.
Note: If you are not satisfied with Google Drive, you can opt for other applications that may help you alleviate the risk of errors while processing a video and manage your time well. Some applications you can go with are Dropbox, YouTube, CBackup, Microsoft OneDrive, Sync, and Mega.
Read more: How to Backup Contacts to Google Drive
In this time constraining life, it’s annoying to get stuck in any error for a while. With the advancement of technology, we want the services to be more efficient and quick. So, when users succumb to the processing errors of Google drive, these above-mentioned pathways can help them to maintain their pace in life.