Hello friends, Today I will tell you two method on how to backup computer to external hard drive on Windows 10, 8, & 8.1. You can automatically back up your computer hard drive to another PC using this simple method. I will share both inbuilt methods to backup external hard drive on Windows PC/Laptops. You don’t need any external software to backup Windows files and folders to any other computer.
How to Backup Computer to External Hard Drive on Windows 10, 8, and 8.1 PC/Laptops
Losing an important file from our computer is the worst experience of our life. Well, this is all caused because of the technique which tells us that how to backup computer to external hard drive. We all know that if we lost a file even from the recycle bin of our computer or laptop, then it is almost not possible to get it back. However, there are some other solutions for that too. But, we don’t want to do such kinds of stuff because of our mistake. So, today I am going to share a brilliant way to learn about how to backup computer to external hard drive.
How to Automatically Backup Files to an External Hard Drive
In Windows operating system, we get an excellent way to take backup of our important and precious data. Windows OS has a fantastic feature by which we can make a backup of our data automatically. Isn’t it sounds cool? However, for that, you may need an external hard drive or any external flash drive only. Also, in this section, I have shared a method by which you can get to know how to backup computer to external hard drive automatically. To take backup fully automatically we are going to schedule our backup at a given specific time. That will help our Windows PC to make the backup of data automatically. Not taking your more time, let us get to the guide ahead.
Automatic Backup Windows 10
- Open Control Panel on your Windows PC.
- Then, go to System and Security.
- Now, click on Backup and Restore (Windows 7).
- Click on Set up backup option.
- Now, chose where you want to take backup and click Next.
- Select the appropriate option from what do you want to take a backup? Windows and click Next.
- Now, review your selections.
- Then, click on Change schedule to set an automatic time according to you.
- Now, click Save settings and run a backup.
- That’s it. Now, your backup will be saved automatically according to your given time.
System Image Backup Windows 10
Almost every single person use a Windows operating system, but we don’t know anything about System Image Backup. So, what does System Image Backup means in simple words? Well, System Image Backup is a kind of backup service which is offered in the Windows operating system by which a Windows OS user can take a backup of the entire drive. However, this backup can be taken on an external hard drive as well as any internal partitioned drive too. System Image Backup shows that you want to take a backup of your operating system that is why it is named as System Image Backup. I have shown a method below by which you can take System Image Backup if you want to. The procedure of taking System Image Backup in every Windows OS is the same.
- Go to Control Panel on your Windows Laptop/PC.
- Now, select All Control Panel Items.
- Then, click on Backup and Restore (Windows 7).
- After that, click on create a system image option.
- Select the drive from the drop-down menu and click on Next.
- Now, select the drive whom backup to want.
- Lastly, click on Start Backup button.
Last Words on How to Backup Computer to External Hard Drive on Windows PC/Laptops
This was the way by which you can take automatic backup of your data to an external hard drive or flash drive. Instead of it, there is software also available by which you can backup computer to external hard drive automatically. However, this was the official method which I have explained to you guys. The only thing you need to have is an external hard drive or a flash drive nothing else you need to have. I hope now you have learned that backup computer to the external hard drive. Make sure you share this article with your friends and colleagues as well so that they can also learn the same.