Telegram is a widely used messaging application that provides various functionality to its users. It is most commonly used for communicating through text, photos and other forms of media. Telegram has various in-chat features that the user can use while texting to an individual or while texting a group. One of such features is the ability to pin a message in Telegram at the top of the chat.
How to Pin a Message in Telegram at the Top on Android
Telegram provides a really simple and straightforward process to pin a message at the top of a chat. Follow the given steps below to learn how to pin a message in Telegram at the top.
- Go through the Application menu and then open your Telegram application.
- Navigate to the group that you want to open.
- Tap the group in which you want to pin your message.
- Find the message that you want to pin and then tap on the message. You will have a pop-up message with a different option.
- From the pop-up, select the option of “Pin“. This will again give you a confirmation message pop-up.
- To notify all the members of the group about the message, Use the checkbox named “Notify All members“. If you do not want to notify the members then you can uncheck the checkbox option.
- Finally, tap on the option of “OK“.
: Only the supergroups that are present in the chatbox will have the option that allows pinning of the message.
Read more: How to Hide your Profile Picture on Telegram
How to pin a message in Telegram on iPhone or iPad
Telegram is present on all the standard platforms and therefore, it is available on the Apple Store. Now, in this section let us discuss the steps to pin a message in Telegram on iPad and iPhone. The steps are mostly similar to how you would pin a message on any other device, although there are some key differences which will be listed in the steps below.
- Open your Telegram application on your respective device. Tap on the icon to open the application.
- Tap on the icon of “Chats” present in the bottom middle of the screen. This will open the list of all the conversation that you were having. Be it, one-to-one or a group conversation.
- Navigate and tap on the supergroup in which you want to pin the message. This will open the supergroup.
- Further, find the message and “Tap and hold” on the message. This will open a pop-up message with further options.
- From the pop – up message select the option of “Pin” and then tap on it.
- After you tap on the option, you would have the confirmation message pop-up on the screen. You would have two options to choose from which are “Only Pin” and “Ok“. Both of the options will indefinitely pin the message at the top of the screen.
- If you select OK, then all the group members will be notified by the notification that the message has been pinned.
- if you select “Only Pin“, then the members would not be notified of the pinned message.
- Select the appropriate option and you would be able to pin a message in Telegram on iPad and iPhone.
Following these steps would make sure that you are able to pin a message in Telegram on iPad and iPhone.
Read more: How to Delete Telegram Account
This article covers how you can pin a message in Telegram on Android and iPhone along with the respective steps and method for it. It also gives you details about the application and how the setup is different on different devices. Follow the steps properly in order to pin a message in Telegram.