With the emergence of technologies like speech recognition, audio is essential to be considered in a system. The better the audio drivers, the better performance can be generated out of the audio-specific tasks.
Every computer system has an in-built audio card. It may be pre-embedded on the motherboard or can be externally inserted into the motherboard.
Realtek audio HD manager is a convenient audio driver available. It is used in most of the systems for better sound quality. It is needed for Windows to be able to produce sounds using audio chips. It supplies the audio card with DTS, Dolby, and surrounds Sound support.
But it becomes problematic sometimes if it goes missing from your system. Isn’t it? You can neither access it from the taskbar nor the control panel. It can get frustrating if you want to connect or use any audio device to the system but cannot recognize it.
It may happen because of an update in Windows or due to inappropriate installation of drivers. So let’s look into some ways to fix this problem.
How to Fix Realtek HD Audio Manager Missing from PC
I will share three different ways to fix the Realtek Audio driver. Users can fix it if its not showing in the control panel, Time and Date not correct, or Troubleshoot. These three are the most common error to fix Realtek Audio.
- How to Fix Realtek HD Not available in Control Panel.
- Check the Driver Date and Version.
- Use Troubleshooter to Fix Realtek HD Audio Manager Missing
How to Fix Realtek HD Not available in Control Panel
Users can Fix Realtek HD Audio Manager Missing by following this method
- Right-click on the Start button > Device Manager Option on the pop-up menu that appears.
- Now, Click on Sound, video, and game controller > Realtek High Definition Audio and right-click on it.
- Select the Properties option from the menu that appears.
- Choose the Driver tab and select Update Driver.
- Select Browse my computer for driver software and pick from the list of accessible drivers on your system.
- Choose the device driver you want to install for the hardware > Select Realtek HD Audio and click on next.
- Drivers will start installing into the system.
- Once it is installed, you will get a message for restarting your PC > Click on Yes.
Applies To: Windows 10. 8.1 and 8
Now, Audio Manager will be available for use.
Read more: How to Use Phone as Keyboard For Laptop
Check the Driver Date and Version
- After restarting your computer, go to the link, from where you can download the latest version of Realtek drivers.
- Select the Driver that suits your system and click on download.
- The file will be downloaded in compressed format, install it, and your query will get sorted if the problem was with the outdated version.
Read more: How to Fix Slow WiFi at Home
Use Troubleshooter to Fix Realtek HD Audio Manager Missing
- Open the Run prompt.
- Type control.exe /name Microsoft. Troubleshooting and press Enter.
- Select Hardware and Software > Devices > Hardware and Devices > Advanced > then tick the Apply repairs automatically check box.
- Click on the Next.
Read more: How to Change Slide Size in PowerPoint
Having a Realtek HD Audio Manager is not a necessity neither its absence will create any inaccuracy in the audio but it is suggested to have it in the system for better audio configuration and sound quality. The above-mentioned assistance is a complete solution if you ever face difficulty related to obscure or missing Realtek HD Audio Manager.