Hello friends, Today I will share two methods on how to stop Windows 10 update in progress. Users can use these two inbuilt methods to stop any ongoing Windows update. I have shared a pre-installed app of your Windows PC/laptop.
Windows 10 updates are very important to make your PC or laptop secure. Every time you update your Windows 10 PC/laptop then bugs are fixed, and the latest security threads are installed. It also includes some benefits as well as new features to make our PC work faster. But, sometimes it happens with us that we don’t want to let our Windows 10 computer update. Fortunately, the Windows 10 operating system provides us with some pre-installed apps so that we can stop the Windows update, which is in progress. Yes! It is possible to stop any type of Windows 10 update.
How to Stop Windows 10 Update in Progress
If Windows update is already started on your PC. And you can see a blue screen with percentage progress and saying that you do not turn off your computer. Then, you must listen to it and should not turn off your computer at any circumstances. If you do so, then it will either corrupt the entire operating system or can do anything else. You can read our article on Windows Update Stuck “Don’t Turn Off” on Windows.
But, if Windows 10 update is not installed and you are getting options Update and Shut Down or Update and Restart in place or Shutdown and Restart then you are in luck. You can use two different ways to stop Windows 10 update in progress.
Method 01: Using Control Panel
Control Panel is the control centre of every Windows. It is a pre-installed and system software that allows you to manage the core settings of your Windows PC/laptop. Using some already given option we can quickly stop the update of Windows 10 operating system which is in progress.
- Open Control Panel on your Windows 10 PC/laptop.
- Now, click on the System and Security option.
- Then, click on the Security and Maintainance option.
- After that, expand the Maintainance tab.
- Under the Maintainance tab, you will be able to see the Automatic Maintainance heading.
- Finally, click on the Stop Maintainance link. It will stop the update, which is in progress.
Try this: How to Uninstall Windows 10 Updates on Your PC/Laptops
Method 02: Using Services App
Services app is a kind of hidden and pre-installed system application. It is used to modify the system settings, which has many services in it. This application is slightly tricky in use of ease as compared to the control panel. But, it has all the ability which control panel provides you.
- Type Services in the search box and right-click on Services from the result.
- Choose Run as administrator option.
- Now, you will be able to see a list of all available services on your PC/laptop.
- Then, click on the Windows update. You can check from the status tab that did it is running or not.
- Just right click on it and click Stop.
- A dialogue will appear, let it done completing and your Windows 10 update has been stopped.
Read more: How to Update Windows 10 Offline
This is how you have to top the Windows 10 update in progress using two different ways. Microsoft Help Center itself suggests these methods. There are more methods available to do the same thing. But, I will recommend you to use any one of the listed methods. Why? Because it is officially recommended and uses pre-installed apps to do so. I am pretty much sure that after reading this article you have now finally learned how you can stop Windows 10 update in progress. If you know someone who wants to stop Windows 10 update, then make sure you share this article with that person.
Leave a Reply