It always a tricky situation when we need to handover over the personal smartphone to other friend or colleague to make a call or just for casual browsing or to play games. Smartphones do have all the confidential data which should be protected from the people who might attempt sneak in and peek into your privacy. Today I will tell you few applications to protect Android apps from hackers.
They might look up into your messages, might take your contact lists, might go to your personal email and there are so many levels of penetration can be done by them which hampers your private life and can even cause financial implication to you. There are always people around who want to sneak in to gather the gossips from your personal WhatsApp messages or from any other messaging apps. Even all your shopping apps store your banking details which can be stolen by a stranger who is using your phone temporarily. So it’s always a good practice and advisable habit to lock the apps and phone to protect our own privacy.
But there are particular apps which help you to lock your personal apps. So, that no one can intrude and read/view/transact app-specific data. Some people are careless and avoid going to the trouble of locking their apps and unlocking on their own every time they access it. But it is always a good habit to do the same so that your privacy is always intact and stays with you.
App Lock apk
Here are the lists of Apps which will help you to protect Android apps.
- You can Download Smart App Protector or AppLock – Fingerprint and install the same on your device.
- When the app is opened for the first time, it will automatically ask you to set the password.
Note: The default password for this app is 7777.
- Tap it out the same to open the application.
- Now you will see App Lock tab, then you need to tap the green button at the bottom.
- After that select the app that you want to lock down with the password so that nobody can get in the app except you.
- Mark all the necessary apps that you want to protect.
- Now tap on ADD.
- Now you will notice that next to each app, there is a button named FAKE.
- Tap on this button to enable fake/dummy app crash message for that particular application.
- This will enable this message ‘Unfortunately, Contacts has stopped’. If someone taps on OK, then the user returns to the home screen. Now you finished. All the apps that you have selected are password protected.
How to Change Password in Applock
But it’s always the good habit to change the default password as most of the geeky fellow knows 7777 code. Here is how you can do the same. Change the password to protect Android apps.
- Go to the app and swipe on the settings tab
- Tap on the Password & pattern settings tab
- Now hop into Password and key in a new numeric password
- Tap on the Password hint for replacing the default set hint
- You can even set pattern lock for apps, gesture lock for apps and character lock password.
- A most exciting feature of this application is that it permits to set a different-different password for different apps.
So that if one person has sneaked in, while you were typing, he can’t get into other apps. For that, you need to select Multiple Password options in the Settings tab. After that, you can add individual passwords for your range of apps.
So, was this trick helpful? If you face any problem with this trick. Then, do comment below and don’t forget to share this article with your friends.