In just a few seconds you can check your IP address, Subnet Mask and other information using a code in Command Prompt. I have shared this guide step by step to check your all vital computer address. Do check this article and follow all the steps to check your IP Address etc.
What is IP Address?
IP Address is known as Internet Protocol. Every computer is given a unique IP Address. This IP Address helps us in identifying the specific network. You must have heard the news, when a gangster, terrorist, etc. send an email to a government office for attack or targeting any individual. Every thought how they are caught?. Well, it’s because of their IP Address. Similarly, Subnet Mask and Default Gateway help IP Address in sending receiving files and routing. Now, the question arises what my Ip address is?.
How to check your IP Address – Find Subnet Mask and Default Gateway on PC/Laptop
It’s effortless to check your IP address, Subnet Mask, and Default Gateway. You can check on any system.
- Open your Computer and click on the start button.
- Now, select the option *Run*.
- Write*cmd* and press *OK*.
- A Black window will appear.
- Now, write *ipconfig* and press enter.
- It will show you the Windows IP Configuration.
Yes, you have done it. Your IP Address is in front of you. You can also see Subnet Mask and Default Gateway on the same screen.
There is one more method to check your IP address, Subnet Mask and Default Gateway in which you can also check your preferred DNS server and alternate DNS server.
Check your Preferred DNS server and Alternate DNS server
- Click on *START*.
- Now, select Control Panel.
- Click on Network Connections.
- You will see the Local Area Connection.
- Right-click on that and select properties.
- Now. Click on the option Internet Protocol [TCP/IP]
- Now you can see all your IP and DNS server.
Read more: SafeDNS vs OpenDNS
These are the best way to check your IP address, Subnet Mask, Default Gateway, Preferred DNS server and Alternate DNS server. You can also share your method to check IP Address, etc. The comments section below. And do share this article with your friends.