It’s very easy to check your IP address. Just follow the simple steps in your computer. In just few seconds you can check your IP address, Subnet Mask and Default gateway.
What is IP Address?
IP Address is known as Internet Protocol. Each and every computer is given unique IP Address. This IP Address help us in identifying the specific computer.
You must have heard the news, when gangster, terrorist etc send an email to government office for attack or targeting any individual. Every thought how they are caught?. Well, it’s because of their IP Address.
Similarly , Subnet Mask and Default Gateway help IP Address in sending receiving files and routing. Now, question arise what is my Ip address?.
Check your IP Address, Subnet Mask and Default Gateway
Its very easy to check your own IP address, Subnet Mask and Default Gateway. You can check on any system.
- Open your Computer and click on start button.
- Now, select the option *Run*.
- Write*cmd* and press *OK*.
- A Black window will appear.
- Now, write *ipconfig* and press enter.
- It will show you Windows IP Configuration.
Yes, you have done it. Your IP Address is in front of you. You can also see Subnet Mask and Default Gateway on the same screen.
There is one more method to check your IP address, Subnet Mask and Default Gateway in which you can also check your preferred DNS server and alternate DNS server.
Check your Preferred DNS server and Alternate DNS server
- Click on *START*.
- Now, select Control Panel.
- Click on Network Connections.
- You will see Local Area Connection.
- Right click on that and select properties.
- Now. Click on the option Internet Protocol [TCP/IP]
- Now you can see all your IP and DNS server.
These are the best way to check your IP address , Subnet Mask, Default Gateway, Preferred DNS server and Alternate DNS server.