Instagram, like the majority of social media networks, can be a double-edged weapon. Alternatively, it’s a fantastic tool for cultivating a supportive online community and a loyal fan base. Furthermore, leaving comments on Instagram posts is a fantastic opportunity to engage with other members of the Instagram community and build relationships.
Read more: How to See who Saved your Instagram Post
Instagram users have the ability to ask questions, discuss ideas, and express their thoughts. Users in the early days of social media, on the other hand, we’re unable to edit their comments. Unwanted characters would remain on the page permanently if their embarrassing comments appeared.
How To Edit a Comment On Instagram
If you’re displeased with one of your own Instagram comments, I’ve got terrible news for you: there is no simple method to remove it. When making changes to a comment on Instagram, the fastest and most straightforward method is to remove the original comment and replace it with a modified version.
If you wish to change another aspect of your Instagram post, like the caption, you can easily do so. However, following the steps, you need to follow to edit a comment on Instagram, although you can’t edit it rather will have to delete it.
- Log in to your Instagram account using your username and password.
- Locate the remark that you want to make changes to.
- Long press the comment that you want to edit.
- Then in the right-hand upper corner, you will find a dustbin type icon. Select that icon.
- Upon choosing it will delete your comment instantly.
Read more: How to Turn On Business Account on Instagram
How To Edit a Comment On Instagram ( Own Caption)
According to the current Instagram policy, you can only change your caption once it has been posted. Occasionally, you may find yourself in a scenario where you would like to edit a comment on Instagram that is part of your caption.
- Start Instagram in a new tab or window.
- You can access your profile by clicking the icon next to your name at the bottom of the page.
- Find the post where the caption you’d like to change is located and then click on the three horizontal dots.
- To make changes to your caption, click Edit.
- Once completed, click Done.
Read more: How to Block someone on Instagram
Can you edit a comment on Instagram of other users?
If you leave a comment on someone else’s Instagram post or your post, it will not be possible to modify it. Only deleting or hiding the comments is an option. If you are getting hate comments or any negative comments that you don’t want to show anyone, it is better to hide them.
Nevertheless, you can save yourself some time and frustration by simply hiding objectionable comments or simply eliminating the ability to comment entirely. Moreover, Listed below are instructions on how to hide inappropriate comments on Instagram:
- When you’re on your Instagram page, click the three horizontal dots (…).
- Click Settings> privacy> Comments > Hide offensive comments.
- In addition, you can turn on a “Manual Filter,” which lets you specify precise words that will make Instagram hide a particular comment.
- Furthermore, you can block specific comments from individuals on this page. Because they can still see your images, this is not the same as deleting their account.
Read more: How to Change Instagram Username
In addition, Instagram is always developing new strategies to guarantee that its customers are satisfied with the service. Furthermore, we have the ability to delete unpleasant and undesirable comments from our profile and regain control of our online reputation. Also, when you delete a comment on Instagram, it simply vanishes from the platform. As long as the spammer does not go back to that article and check, they will not be aware that a comment had been removed.