Hello friends, Today I will share a method on how to host someone on Twitch. Users can host anyone or even a stranger on their Twitch account. I have shared a method for both Windows PC/Laptops, Android or iPhone. You can host unlimited people on your Twitch account.
Twitch is the primary streaming service that is used by a community of gamers online. You can stream games, music production and even cooking on Twitch. The community of Twitch has its range of streamers that are popular and have thousands of viewers and also some less popular streamers. The community has a method of boosting itself by hosting. Twitch streamers can host someone on a Twitch account.
Read more: How to Watch UFC Fights Live Stream for Free
Hosting allows streamers to host another streamers’ stream on their account and for their audience. The streamers use the Host mode to host someone on Twitch. This mode allows your audience to watch the stream of the hosted streamer on your account. This keeps your audience and your account engaged while you may not be streaming.
How to Host Someone on Twitch
Twitch provides two different methods for hosting streams on Twitch. You can use the Host mode on the Desktop and in mobile phones through the Twitch application. Both these methods will allow you to host anyone on Twitch. Users can host their friends or even unknown people.
Must Read: Chromecast Streaming Apps
How to Host Someone on Twitch using the Host Mode on PC
The process of hosting has been made really simple and we will be listing the steps required to host someone on Twitch. Follow the method given below to learn host on Twitch on PC using the Host Mode.
- Go to the website twitch.
- Login using your account credentials.
- Now, click on your username in the top right corner of the interface.
- Now, click on the option of “Channel” on the drop-down menu that opened up. This will open your channel interface. Moreover, you would have the chatbox on the right side of your screen.
- Now, to use the Host Mode, you would be using the “/host” command. To host any channel, you need to use the chatbox and type “/host” followed by the channel name. For example, “/host channel”.
- To stop the channel hosting, type the command “/unhost”.
Now, that you have hosted someone on your channel using the Host Mode, the audience present on your channel will be able to watch the hosted stream on your stream account and the chat room activity that will be on your account will be reflected on the hosted stream.
Read more: How to Record Gameplay
How to Host Someone on Twitch using Mobile Application
The Twitch mobile application can also be used to host someone on Twitch. Twitch is available as an application on the both Android and iOS devices. The process of hosting is pretty similar to the one that is used for hosting on PC. The main difference is in the process of accessing the chat room that you use to host the Twitch channels. To learn the process of hosting on mobile applications, follow the steps given below.
- Download and install Twitch if you do not have it.
- Sing up or Log in to your account using your credentials.
- Now, tap on the user icon present on the screen. It is present in the top left in iOS devices and top right in the Android devices.
- Now, your user profile will open up. You need to tap on the “Chat” option. It will open up the chat room.
- Now, type the “/host” command with the channel name to host the channel. For example, you would need to type the expression inside the quotes.”/host channelname”.
- Just like the PC method, use the command “/unhost” to stop hosting of the channel on Twitch.
This will start hosting the channel on your account and using this method you can host someone on Twitch using your mobile phone.
Read more: How to go Frame by Frame in Youtube
Twitch is the leading platform for streaming and provides a definitive support to the streamers on Twitch. This helps the smaller and medium channels to grow and gain new subscribers and audience. Hosting is one of the best ways through which the community gives back to the streamers and increase its popularity and exposure. This article covers how you host someone on Twitch using the different methods that are listed and explained above.