You can easily Turn Off active status on Facebook using your Android, iPhone or Windows PC/Laptop. You can completely hide your visibility of status from Facebook. The green light will not show on your Facebook.
Despite Facebook’s role in popularising social media, there are moments when you don’t want to interact with your social network, and this is perfectly acceptable. People in your Facebook account can see if you’re online if you have your active status set to “ON.” If you don’t want any Facebook friends to know you’re logged in, turn off active status on Facebook to make yourself appear to be offline.
Read more: How to Add Music to your Facebook Profile
How to Turn Off Active Status on Facebook
You can easily change your active status in three distinct places.
- Facebook online browser
- Facebook mobile app.
Method 1. Google Chrome or any Browser
The Facebook website allows you to quickly deactivate your Facebook account. This also removes your active status from the built-in messaging feature.
- Go to the Facebook website link and sign in.
- Click on circular Messenger icon in the upper-right.
- Select the three-dot icon at the top of the Messenger.
- Now, select Turn off Active Status.
- In a pop-up, you will be asked if you want to turn off Active Status for all contacts, all contacts except, or just a few of them. When you pick the second two choices, a box will open where you can enter the names of individual people.
- At the completion, click OK.
Read more: What Does ISO Mean On Facebook
Method 2. Facebook Messenger
Your options will be updated wherever you are using Meta products, including where you haven’t yet changed your Active Status. Learn how to turn off Active Status in Messenger.
- On your iPhone/Android, open the Facebook Messenger app.
- Tap your profile’s avatar at the top-left corner of the Chats page.
- Now, Select Active Status.
- Disable “display while you are active” by sliding it left, and then confirm with “tap turn off” when a pop-up appears to confirm your choice.
Read more: How to Reduce Facebook Data Usage on Android
Method 3. Turn Off Active Status on Facebook from the Facebook app
When you turn off active status on your Facebook mobile app, you’ll only remove the activity indicator. In the Messenger app, your active status will remain visible.
- Login to your Facebook account on your phone.
- If you’re using Android, locate the hamburger menu in the upper-right corner; if you’re using an iPhone, locate the three horizontal lines in the lower-right corner.
- Then select Settings from the menu that appears.
- In the Privacy menu, select Active Status under Audience and Visibility.
- As soon as you’re done, confirm by tapping “Turn off” on a pop-up message that appears.
Read more: How to Hide Your Facebook Page Temporarily
Will I still receive messages if I set my Facebook status to “Inactive”?
No matter what your Active Status is, messages will still be sent to your chat list for you to read later. Not only that the Messenger app will also notify you of messages on Messenger. Additionally, if you don’t switch off Active Status for this profile, you’ll still show up as active or recently active in any other locations where you haven’t done so before.
Read more: How to Mute Someone on Facebook
When your Active Status is set to “on”
The profile photos of your Facebook and Messenger friends and contacts, as well as other locations, will show an or recently active time. Also, whenever any friend or contact logs in or out, you’ll be notified.
When your Active Status is set to ”off”
Unless your friends have also turned off Active Status on Facebook or Messenger, your friends will see you as active or recently active, even if you turn it off in one place. Your friends and contacts won’t be able to see if you’ve recently been active in places or apps in which you have turned off Active Status.
You can let your friends and contacts know when you’re online or when you’ve recently been online by changing your Active Status. You should keep in mind that there may be a delay between the time someone becomes active and the time they appear as active. However, I’ve included screenshots for each of the three distinct places to assist you better in this blog.