Whatsapp is a leading messaging app of 21st century. People use it worldwide and sometimes users delete their whatsapp messages accidently. It may be very annoying to lose your personal messages and want to recover your deleted whatsapp messages back. Well, i will disclose some tricks which will help you in recover deleted whatsapp message. Yes, now you can get back your deleted whatsapp messages. Follow the steps below:
Recover your deleted Whatsapp messages – Directly
You can do this either manually or directly. We know that whatsapp backup’s data at 4am every-day and stores them to your SD card. So, you can directly restore your deleted messages once you reinstall the application. When you do this you are prompted with restore chat history and you need to select restore. That’s it your messages will be restored from the back-up file.
The only problem with direct method of restoration is that it restores data that is only 7 days older. So, for restoring older whatsapp deleted messages. We go manual method.
Restore your deleted Whatsapp messages
- Go to file manager then SD card and then go to Whatsapp database folder.
- Here you can see some file names in the format: msgstore-yyyy-mm-dd.1.db.
crypt. Similarly, you can also observe a file named as msgstore.db.crypt (rename this file by adding anything before or after it).
Read more : How to use Whatsapp without mobile number, Use Viber, Line, Telegram, Wechat, Hike many more
- After renaming it, select the file with date that consist of message that you have deleted accidently.
- Now rename the selected file to msgstore.db.crypt.
- Finally, go to settings then application then to manage application and then go to Whatsapp and click on clear data.
- Now run your Whatsapp and select restore and your file saved as msgstore.db.crypt will be restored.
know more : How to use two whatsapp account in one Mobile phone
That’s it. Now you can read all your deleted whatsapp messages.
Well, we have disclosed a trick. Which will help you in restoring whatsapp deleted messages. You can restore 1 year old messages also.
Get more stuff like this
Subscribe to our mailing list and get interesting stuff and updates to your email inbox.
Thank you for subscribing.
Something went wrong. Try Again!