Hello friends, Today I will share 5 methods on how to sideload apps on Android TV. Users can shift the apps on the right side of your TV. You can use any method depending upon your suitability. You will be able to move the placements of Android apps from your Android TV.
The Android operating system is one of the most popular operating systems in the world. There are many devices in which Android operating system is being used. After smartphones, the Android operating system is now available on TV as well. In 2014, the first Android TV was launched, and now almost all TV have Android. There are many manufacturing companies available which are making Android TV. Installing and using Android apps on Android TV is very easy. But, how to sideload apps on Android TV? Well, sideloading apps on Android TV is as quite similar to installing and using the app on Android phone. Previously, I have also posted about the comparison of Android TV and Apple TV. If you have missed it then check it out.
- 1 How to Sideload Apps on Android TV – Top 5 Ways
- 2 Method 01- How to Sideload Apps on Android TV using a Web Browser
- 3 Method 02- Through a USB/Flash Drive
- 4 Method 03- How to Sideload Apps on Android TV using any Cloud Service
- 5 Method 04- How to Sideload Apps on Android TV using ADB
- 6 Method 05- How to Sideload Apps on Android TV using an FTP Connection
How to Sideload Apps on Android TV – Top 5 Ways
Sideloading an app on Android TV means that installing an application on the Android TV which can’t be accessed via normal channels such as Google Play Store. However, the sideloading is not much complicated to the smartphone and is quite similar to that. To know how to sideload apps on Android TV, I have shared the top 5 methods for you guys. So that you can easily understand them and use them to sideload apps on Android TV.
Note: This article is only for educational purpose. Using apk is strictly against the law. Make sure you follow all legal law of your country.
Method 01- How to Sideload Apps on Android TV using a Web Browser
This method is found to be working on most of the Android TV. In this method, you are going to use a desktop web browser. You don’t have to use a web browser on your Android TV. Just need to have a web browser on your desktop. Also, before you proceed to use this method, make sure that you are having the credentials of the Google account which is logged in to your Android TV. Alright, that much is enough to use this method, let us proceed.
- Open Google Play Store on a web browser.
- Now, log in to the same account which is on your Android TV.
- Search for an app on the play store.
- Then, click on the Install button.
- Now, choose your Android TV from the list of mentioned devices.
- That’s it. The app will be installed.
Method 02- Through a USB/Flash Drive
If your Android TV has a USB port, then you are free to use this method to sideload apps on Android TV. However, most of the Android TV has the USB port in it. This method is quite similar to the previous way. In this method, we are going to use a web browser, a website and a flash drive.
- Open a web browser on your device. It can be a PC, laptop, tablet, android phone, etc.
- Now, open these websites where you can find Android apps: APKMirror | APKMonk | APKPure
- You can visit any other site too if you know it.
- Now, search for your desired app and download the APK file of it.
- Transfer it to the flash drive and insert it in your Android TV.
- On your Android TV, click on the APK file.
- Now, you will be asked to enable Unknown sources. Just do that.
- Once done, then click on the Install button and the app will be installed.
Method 03- How to Sideload Apps on Android TV using any Cloud Service
This method shows you how to sideload apps on Android TV using a cloud service such as Google Drive, Dropbox, etc. This method is quite similar to the second method which I have told you earlier. The difference is that we are not going to use any flash drive. There are many cloud services available which you can use to sideload apps on Android TV via cloud service. Follow up the entire method to know how to sideload apps on Android TV using cloud service.
- Get the desired APK file of the app from third-party websites such as APKMirror | APKMonk | APKPure.
- Now, once got it, then upload that APK file to your cloud service such as Google Drive, Dropbox, etc.
- Then, open the Google Play Store on your Android TV and install the ES File Explorer App on it.
- After that, open the app and navigate to the pane: Menu > Network > Cloud
- Tap on New and select the cloud service where you have uploaded the APK file.
- Log in to your account and download the file on your Android TV.
- Install that APK file on your Android TV and done!
Method 04- How to Sideload Apps on Android TV using ADB
This is the best method to sideload apps on Android TV. This method is found to be worked on many of the Android TV. In this method, a desktop is a primary device which you have to use. Also, an ADB driver needs to be installed on your desktop. Otherwise, you can not use this method anymore. You can get the drivers of ADB from their official website.
- On your desktop get the APK file your desired app using websites like APKMirror | APKMonk | APKPure.
- Now, on your Android TV navigate to the pane: Settings > About > Build (click 7 times) > You are now a developer > Developer Options > Debugging > USB Debugging.
- Then, connect your Android TV to the desktop using a USB cable.
- Now, go to the path where you have downloaded the app.
- Hold the shift key and right click your mouse.
- Then, click on the option of Open command window here.
- Now, type the command: adb install appname.apk
- Where the appname.apk is your download APK file name.
- Now, hit enter and you will get a success message.
Method 05- How to Sideload Apps on Android TV using an FTP Connection
This method is very complicated where this method uses an FTP connection. There are some tools required before you proceed. You need to have a desktop, an FTP software, the APK file of the app, and a file manager app on your Android TV. Don’t panic; if you don’t have any of these, then I will be helping you to get that.
- Get the FileZilla FTP software on your desktop.
- Now, open FileZilla and click Edit > Users.
- Then, select Shared Folders and click Add button.
- Enter an easy name and leave everything blank.
- Then, click OK and then click Add under shared folders.
- Now, on your Android TV open ES File Explorer app.
- Go to Network and then FTP.
- Tap on New and select FTP option from the list.
- Now, enter all the details which you have entered in FileZilla and click OK.
- That’s it. Now, you any third party website to download the APK file and install it on your Android TV remotely.
We have seen how to sideload apps on Android TV using five different ways. There may be some more method to sideload apps on Android TV. But, trust me, guys, these methods are very simple to follow, and they do not require any extra things to sideload apps on Android TV. If you watch video or web series online on your Android TV, then get some tips to reduce data usage on Android. I hope now you have learned how to sideload apps on Android TV. Share this article with your colleagues, relatives, friends, and everyone you love. So, they can also learn how to sideload apps on Android TV using five different ways.