Hello friends, Today we will compare Magento vs WooCommerce vs Shopify vs OpenCart all these top E-commerce platforms and find the best E-commerce platform. We will analyze them on Integration, Security, Price and Userfriendly. We will discuss each and every Advantages and Disadvantage.
- 0.1 What is Magento?
- 0.2 E-Commerce Platform of Magento
- 0.3 What is WooCommerce
- 0.4 Advantages and Disadvantages of WooCommerce
- 0.5 What is Shopify
- 0.6 Advantages and Disadvantages of Shopify
- 0.7 What is OpenCart
- 0.8 Advantages and Disadvantages of OpenCart
- 1 Magento vs WooCommerce vs Shopify vs OpenCart – Best E-Commerce Platform
What is Magento?
Magento is an open source one click script or tool to build an online E-commerce website. It also gives additional services such as flexible shopping card system, control on personalization, contents, and much more. Magento is a powerful marketing tool along with SEO and catalog management tool. It is a large-scale enterprise SAS based system. It also provides various types of themes and plugins to design any wished E-commerce website within minutes. Magento also comes with many of custom functionality.
E-Commerce Platform of Magento
There are the little bit of advantages and disadvantages of Magento present. Now, we are going to see the advantages as well as disadvantages of Magento. Below are the advantages and the disadvantages of Magento.
Advantages of Magento
- Magento is easy to install.
- Additional layouts.
- It provides more than 100 gateways.
- Flexible for scalable ecommerce solutions.
- It also gives additional plugins.
- It is very effective as well as free to use and download too.
Disadvantages of Magento
- The framework of Magento is not effective.
- Complex tool or system.
- Customization on Magento needs an expert.
- Shared hosting is not usable in case of Magento.
- While having to host with Magento you must need a dedicated VPS server.
- The good hosting environment is needed to use it.
- It needs a lot of space for installation.
What is WooCommerce
WooCommerce is the most popular e-commerce platform in the world. It is a plugin offered for WordPress users. This plugin will allow you to turn your WordPress website into an e-commerce website or online shopping website easily by installing this plugin. This plugin is free to use and very simple to use also. As well as, WordPress is also free to use and is very easy to use. Although, WooCommerce can be used on any type of hosting but remember that it will only be installed into WordPress for free.
Advantages and Disadvantages of WooCommerce
We are going to see the advantages and disadvantages of WooCommerce, which is mentioned below. There some advantages and disadvantages of WooCommerce. Let us have a look at the advantages and disadvantages of WooCommerce.
Advantages of WooCommerce
- Free to download and free to use also.
- Installs very fastly within a minute.
- Easy to use and very familiar to its users.
- Highly secured plugin.
- Very extensible.
- Full control over its content.
- This is compatible with all newer or older versions of WordPress.
- Customization in WooCommerce is very easy and WooCommerce allows this.
- The support system of WooCommerce is very large and have 24/7 customer service.
Disadvantages of WooCommerce
- Updating is required for WordPress along with WooCommerce.
- Sometimes, visual tabs irritated and forced to edit the HTML file for images and text which get appears accidently.
- If you are a programmer then you can easily customize WooCommerce without paying.
- If you are not a programmer then you have to pay for customization of WooCommerce.
- Maintenance is the responsibility of the website’s owner.
- Some extensions are not free in WooCommerce.
- Does not fulfill the e-commerce funnel.
What is Shopify
Shopify is also a most famous E-commerce platform where users can make their own e-commerce website like Flipkart, Amazon, eBay, etc. It also allows its users to take advantage of its hosting which is a paid service. Almost every E-commerce platforms do not give hosting in it but Shopify does. It is SEO friendly and also user-friendly. It is having more than 200,000 merchants around the world. The transaction fee of Shopify is very high as compare to other platforms. It only offers limited themes and plugins to maintain a shop site. It has some advantages and disadvantages too.
Advantages and Disadvantages of Shopify
We are going to look up for the advantages and disadvantages of Shopify. We will try to find every pro and corn of Shopify.
Advantages of Shopify
- It provides inbuilt hosting service.
- Very friendly to SEO as well as its users.
- Supports directory of drop ship and wholesale.
- Themes and plugins are available on Shopify to provide your website a new look whenever you wants.
- More than 70 payments gateways.
- All-time community support for its customers.
Disadvantages of Shopify
- It is very expensive as compare to open cart, Magento, and other E-commerce platforms.
- Hosting service is not free in Shopify you have to pay an extra fee for it.
- It also has higher transaction fees as compare to other e-commerce platforms.
- Themes and plugins are only available in a limited amount.
- Most of the plugins are very expensive as compare to Magento, woo commerce, etc.
What is OpenCart
OpenCart is not a most popular script or tool that creates E-commerce as compare to others. It has a large number of plugins availability for the themes according to its users. It also has easy customization system which makes open cart more and more interesting than other E-commerce platforms. Its facility is not enough as compare to Magento. Community support of OpenCart is also not very good.
Advantages and Disadvantages of OpenCart
Let us head up to the advantages and disadvantages of the open cart, which is mentioned below. Some of the advantages and disadvantages of the open cart are given below. Let us see and have a look at the advantages and disadvantages of open cart.
Advantages of OpenCart
- It has large numbers of plugins availability.
- The community support of open cart is substantial.
- OpenCart is based on language MVC and XHTML.
- Programmers for modification can be found easily.
- It has a good efficiency and server resources facility.
- The Admin panel of the open cart is good for beginners.
Disadvantages of OpenCart
- Not having good functionalities such as Magento or other E-commerce platforms.
- While updating, too many errors can be found.
- Paid plugins can even cause errors while updating them.
- It is an optimized version compare to all the available e-commerce platforms.
Magento vs WooCommerce vs Shopify vs OpenCart – Best E-Commerce Platform
Thes best E-commerce platform among these is Shopify. Shopify is expensive but the features offered by Shopify is really good. If you are a programmer then Magento is best for you. If you are using WordPress and want to create an E-commerce website using it then, WooCommerce is the best choice for it. Opencart is the last option as not too much people use it. Let us see in details why Shopify is best E-commerce Platform in the list of Magento vs WooCommerce vs Shopify vs OpenCart. We will analyze each and every E-commerce Platform in Integration, Security, Price, and User-Friendly.
Magento vs WooCommerce vs Shopify vs Opencart Integration
WooCommerce is a plugin offered by WordPress. WooCommerce gets integrated to WordPress then you can use it for making of an E-commerce website. Magento is a programmatically platform for creating an E-commerce website. The user of Magento can make a plugin or system to integrate it with any other platform easily. Shopify is not available for integration with any other platform such as WordPress, Magento, etc. Opencart is not too many uses by the e-commerce websites generators so, the integration system in open cart is also not available. In future, Shopify can allow its users to integrate itself with any other platform too like a WordPress plugin i.e; WooCommerce.
Magento vs WooCommerce vs Shopify vs Opencart Security
In security, WooCommerce is leading the top position as it gives various kinds of securities such as HTTPS, Cloudflare, and much more. Although, WooCommerce is a plugin for WordPress so the security gets double because of WordPress and WooCommerce both. The security of Magento, Shopify, and Opencart is also very nice but, the security offered by WooCommerce is good as compare to them.
Magento vs WooCommerce vs Shopify vs Opencart Price
When we talk about the price of an e-commerce platform then, the Shopify is good. Shopify is not free but when you will pay some penny then you will definitely get the advantage of paying your penny through Shopify. But, if you want to choose from WooCommerce, Magento, and Opencart. Then WooCommerce is perfect for a freeware E-commerce website.
Magento vs WooCommerce vs Shopify vs Opencart User-Friendly
WooCommerce is more user-friendly than Magento, Shopify, and Opencart. Magento is totally for programmers so Magento is not suitable for the user-friendly topic. WooCommerce will allow you to customize each and everything according to you as well as WordPress is also customizable. Anyone can easily understand WooCommerce settings, systems, etc. Even if you are a programmer or a non-programmer you can work easily on WooCommerce. So, the most user-friendly among these is WooCommerce.
Magento vs WooCommerce vs Shopify vs Opencart Themes
Talking about themes, you will get many themes if you will choose WooCommerce for an E-commerce website. WooCommerce is a plugin for WordPress so, you can easily change your themes according to your wish by installing and applying the new theme in WordPress. As well as, WordPress is having a variety of themes for its users. You can use free as well as paid theme too by paying their amount. Shopify and Magento are also having too many themes but not as compare to WordPress.
Last Words on Magento vs WooCommerce vs Shopify vs OpenCart – Best E-Commerce Platform
This is the complete details elaboration of all these top E-Commerce website platforms. These are top rated and most used E-commerce platform on the internet. If you want to share any other E-commerce platform which is comparable to them as mentioned above. Then, do make a comment and don’t forget to share this article with your friends using E-commerce websites.