- 1 What does it mean to follow someone on Facebook?
- 2 How Do you Follow Someone on Facebook
- 3 How Do you Unfollow Someone on Facebook
- 4 Method 1. Unfollow Someone who is in your Friend list
- 5 Method 2. Unfollow Someone who is not in your Friend list
- 6 Method 3. Unfollow a Page/Group on Facebook
- 7 Why can’t I follow someone on Facebook
You can easily follow someone on Facebook or Unfollow on PC/Laptops or Android/iPhone by using this method. You can even unfollow a page, group or profile without removing them. I have shared several ways to do that.
Everything has a limit, and so Facebook has. You cant have more than 5000 friends. And that is why Facebook has *Page* option where you can create a page like your profile and post about yourself or anything. There is no limit to likes on your page.
Every celebrity has their own page and personal Facebook Profile. Now you are following their page but want to follow their profile too. But as there is a limit of 5000 friends, you won’t be able to send them a freiend request.
In that scenario, there is an option to follow someone on Facebook. You can follow any profile, and there is no limit too. It’s just like Facebook Page, no limit. You can even follow a person who has less than 5000 friends. So you can follow any profile you want. And when they post, you get notified.
What does it mean to follow someone on Facebook?
When you follow someone on Facebook, all that will happen is that their status updates and other postings will begin to appear in your news feed. You will need to follow them manually if you have not added that person yet. However, Facebook will automatically let them know that you are following them.
How Do you Follow Someone on Facebook
In this method, you can use your Smartphone or Chrome to follow someone on Facebook. The method is the same for both devices. You can follow someone even if there is a friend option available.
- Open your Facebook.
- Type the person’s name whom you want to follow.
- Go to their profile.
- Click on the horizontal triple-dot given there.
- Click on the follow option. Upon hitting that you will be able to see his post even though he/she is not your Facebook friend.
How Do you Unfollow Someone on Facebook
Similarly, unfollowing someone is also incredibly easy if you don’t want to follow someone. Well, there are three ways to do so.
- Unfollow Someone who is in your Friend list
- Unfollow Someone who is not in your Friend list
- Unfollow a Page on Facebook
Method 1. Unfollow Someone who is in your Friend list
If you want to unfollow someone who is already on your friend list then all you to do is this:
- Open Facebook.
- Go to the friend profile whom you want to unfollow.
- Click on the friends.
There you will find four options.
- Click on the unfollow option.
Method 2. Unfollow Someone who is not in your Friend list
If you want to unfollow someone who is not in your friend list.
- Open Facebook > Profile > Following.
- Select unfollow.
- Now, click on update.
Read more: How to Turn Off Active Status on Facebook
Method 3. Unfollow a Page/Group on Facebook
If your friend has suggested you to like their Facebook Page and you are frustrated with seeing its provoking posts and simply not interested in following the particular group or page. But you dont want to unlike as your friend will know. In that case, you can do this to unfollow them.
- Open Facebook.
- Go to that page.
- Click on the triple horizontal dot.
- There go to the follow settings.
- Then, click on the unfollow this page located at the bottom.
- Now, click on the update.
Why can’t I follow someone on Facebook
You can’t follow someone on Facebook because they have turned off the setting that allows them to be followed. Another potential reason is that they have either blocked you or have deactivated their account. You should thus not be concerned if you are unable to follow someone on Facebook. Since it is possible that the individual may be an is an introvert who does not wish for others to follow them.
Read more: What Does ISO Mean On Facebook
Moreover, Your username will be added to the list of persons that a Facebook user follows if you start following that user on Facebook. They will also get a message informing them of the newly followed accounts. Furthermore, You are free to have an unlimited number of people follow you, yet you are only permitted to follow a maximum of 5,000 different users yourself.