DeviantArt was founded in August 2000. DeviantArt is a platform for artists both emerging and established. It is a platform for art enthusiasts to promote their work with a community-centered on art. But if you find some users doing inappropriate, you can block people. On DeviantArt. This article will help you if you want to block people on DeviantArt
Why do Users Choose DeviantArt
DeviantArt has about 61 million members who have registered themselves. It attracts more than 45 million individuals per month who are their unique visitors. They call their members deviants. DeviantArt has about 10,000 uploads every day.
Update to block people on DeviantArt
Blocking a user means restricting them from commenting on you and your deviation. Before 2017, users could still see the profile but could not comment. In 2017, DeviantArt had an update in its blocking system. The blocked users now won’t be able to view the deviant’s profile. In 2019, the page of the blocked user was changed to unauthorized and the artwork of the blocked user was made translucent.
Read more: How to Block People on Tinder
How to Block People on DeviantArt
Blocking means not letting another deviant from commenting on your work. You can block users on DeviantArt using different ways. The 3 methods are listed below to block people on DeviantArt.
- Users Profile Page
- Deviation Page
- Settings Page
Method 1: Users Profile Page
You can block a user from their profile page in deviant. Follow these steps to block.
- Click on triple dot Menu… .
You will find this on the right side of the user’s profile page.
- Click on Block user.
There would be an option if you would like to block them with a pop-up. If not, then click cancel.
- If you want to, you can unblock someone later from your blocked users list.
- If you unblock someone, you cannot block them again for 48 hours.
- Don’t worry users will not get any notification about being blocked.
Read more: How to Block Someone on Signal App
Find the Blocked Users List
The blocked users list has the information of the users you have blocked. You can find your blocked users list in your settings. You can make changes in the block user list here. Find your blocked users list and make the required changes by following these steps.
- Go you your Avatar which is in the Navigation Bar.
- Select > Account Settings.
You will find your account settings from the drop-down menu.
- Select > General, under the heading personal.
- Keep scrolling until you find the section named as the blocked user. You can make changes from here in your blocked users list.
- If you want to unblock a user you have blocked you just have to remove them from your blocked users list and then click on save.
Read more: How to Block People on Google Hangouts
Method 2. Deviation Page
Deviant can block any user using the deviation page from the… menu. Here is how to block users from the deviation page:
- Click on the tipple dot … menu which is found below deviation.
- Click on the report button.
- Under Report > Select >I just don’t want to see this.
- You will have a hidden single deviation.
- Then you will have the option to block the user.
- In the future, if you change your mind, you can click on unhide deviation.
Read more: How to Block or Unblock someone on Instagram
Method 3. Settings Page
Using a settings page to block people is also easy. You can block users in DeviantArt under the personal section of the settings page. You use the users name of the person you want to block. Given below are the steps:
- Go to the Personal > General Section.
You will find this section under the settings page.
- Keep scrolling until you find the section called blocked users.
- Write the user’s name of the individual you would like to block. Do this step where the field is provided.
Note: Remember not to include the symbol of user names status.
Read more: How to Block WhatsApp Group From Adding Me
Blocking someone on DeviantArt becomes necessary then the users pass on manipulative or trolls you. DeviantArt is a platform that respects the artists and their art and would not like to see their artist disrespected by other users.